Hartland International School welcomes applications from all nationalities and ability groups. We are currently enrolling children from FS1 to Year 9.
To make an application, please complete the Application Form online together with the supporting documents listed below and the Application Fee of AED 500 to the school:
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate
- A copy of your child’s passport, visa and Emirates ID
- A copy of both parents’ passport, visa and Emirates ID
- 6x Passport photos of your child
- Previous years’ school reports or nursery school reports
If you are new to Dubai and your visa has not yet been processed, we are happy to accept your application whilst you gain these documents. We will need copies once your visa and Emirates ID have been granted.
Your child will be invited to an assessment session at the school where they will take part in age appropriate activities designed so that we can understand your child more fully. These sessions are usually held with a small group of children.
Whilst your child is being assessed, our team will be happy to answer any remaining questions that you may have.
We will confirm whether we are able to offer your child a place at the earliest once the education team has conducted a full review of the assessment. To secure your child’s place, we will need you to sign and return the Acceptance Agreement, pay the Admission Fee of AED 2,500 and ensure that all documentation has been provided.
To comply with the Ministry of Education (KHDA)’s guidance, a Transfer Certificate and a Health Certificate are required before your child starts at Hartland.
It is a Ministry of Education requirement that all students must submit a Transfer Certificate (TC) before they start school.
What is a Transfer Certificate?
- A TC must be in either English or Arabic and be stamped with your current school’s stamp
- Depending on the country that you are transferring from, the TC will need to be further attested before it can be submitted. See notes below for requirements by country.
- All TCs must clearly state which year a student was promoted to at the end of the previous school year. Please pay particular attention to any variances across the school systems and, if in doubt, add the equivalent grade in Hartland International School to the information.
A sample certificate is detailed below.
Which stamps do I need for my Transfer Certificate?
Stamp requirements are dependent on which country you are transferring from.
Find your current school’s location below to determine the necessary attestations:
|Location||Attestation required by Ministry of Education|
|Canada (except Quebec), North America, Western Europe and Australia||School Principal’s signature and school stamp|
|Middle East (excluding the UAE), South and Central America, Asia, former Russian States, Eastern Europe, Africa and New Zealand||School Principal’s signature and school stamp, Ministry of Education in current school’s location, UAE Embassy in current school’s locationMinistry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE|
|Another Emirate of the UAE||School Principal’s signature and school stamp (TC must be in Arabic)Ministry of Education in current Emirate|
|Another School in Abu Dhabi||School Principal’s signature and school stamp (TC must be in Arabic)|
Your current school will need to type the following information on their letterhead. The Transfer Certificate will need the Principal’s signature and official school stamp. It should be dated to show the final date that your child will attend the current school.