Scholarship for Excellence*
Hartland International School’s scholarship is offered to successful students who demonstrate excellence in diverse fields of interest, exemplified through actions, passion, drive and / or leadership.
A total of 10 scholarship places are available each academic year across Years 6 to 9, and the scholarship has a lifespan of three years in the first instance.
1st Year – Up to 100% of Fees
2nd and 3rd Year – Up to 50% of Fees
WHO CAN APPLY?
We welcome applications from existing and new students who can demonstrate excellence in one of the fields listed below:
• Academic Excellence
• Creative Excellence (Arts)
• Physical Excellence (Sports)
• Excellence in matters pertaining to Community, Civic Duty, Global Citizenship or Cultural Sensitivity
HOW TO APPLY?
• Applications should be submitted in writing by the student
• Student should outline why they are worthy of the award in his/her application (300-1000 words)
• It should be supported with any available evidence that demonstrates excellence in the area of application
Applications can be submitted at the school or via the online application form.
HOW IS IT AWARDED?
A Scholarship Panel of the Principal, Senior Leadership Team members as well as members of the School Governing Body will convene to consider all applications. Final shortlisted candidates will then be invited to discuss their application in person with the panel during the early part of the summer term.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 30 April 2018
*Terms and Conditions:
1) Scholarship applicants must gain a place at Hartland International through the normal assessment route
2) Applications for scholarships must be submitted on or before last date for submissions
3) Applications received after the closing date may not be considered for Scholarship
4) All decisions for scholarships will be made by the scholarship committee
5) A written acceptance of a scholarship offer must be made within fourteen days
6) Students whose fees are paid for by a source other than parents, such as company allowance, are only eligible to receive the monetary value of the proportion of fees that is directly borne by parents and not that which is paid from a company fund or allowance