Scholarship for Excellence
Hartland International School offers scholarships to meritorious students who demonstrate excellence in diverse fields of interest, which is exemplified through actions, passion, drive and/or leadership. The “Scholarship for Excellence” programme was launched in the academic year 2017-18 and will be a permanent grant at the school for deserving candidates.
Our Scholarships are part of the exciting challenge of development and self-discovery that begins on arrival at Hartland International School and continues through life.
Both new, as well as, existing students at Hartland can benefit from the scholarship programme. A total of 10 scholarship places are available each academic year across year groups 6 – 9, and the scholarship has a lifespan of three years in the first instance. Its value equates to:
- Year 1 of the Award 100% of fees
- Year 2 of the Award 50% of fees
- Year 3 of the Award 50% of fees
Who can apply for a Scholarship?
Applications are invited from both new as well as existing Hartland students who are eligible for entry into Years 6 – 9 for the forthcoming academic year. We welcome applications from any student who can demonstrate excellence in one of the fields listed below:
- Academic Excellence
- Creative Excellence (the Arts)
- Physical Excellence (Sport)
- Excellence in matters pertaining to Community, Civic Duty, Global Citizenship or Cultural Sensitivity
How can I apply for a Scholarship?
The Scholarship programme is applicable to students seeking admissions into years 6 – 9 for the forthcoming academic year. Students interested in securing a scholarship at Hartland are invited to submit an application at the school or via the online application form.
Applications should be submitted in writing by the student in minimum 300 words and up to more than 1,000 words, outlining why they are worthy of the award. The application should be supported by any available evidence that demonstrates excellence in the area of application and handed to the school for the attention of the Principal.
How is the scholarship awarded?
A Scholarship Panel that includes the Principal, Senior Leadership Team members as well as esteemed member of the school governing board will convene to consider all applications. Final shortlisted candidates will then be invited to discuss their application in person with the panel during the early part of the summer. The grant is announced to the deserving candidates after careful consideration of all aspects of the application and personal interviews.
Terms of Application
- Scholarship applicants must gain a place at Hartland International through the normal assessment route;
- Applications for scholarships must be submitted on or before the last date for submissions;
- Applications received after the closing date may not be considered for Scholarship;
- Applicants will undertake a written exam;
- All decisions for scholarships will be made by the scholarship committee;
- A written acceptance of a scholarship offer must be made within fourteen days.