Sixth Form Scholarship Programme
Hartland International School’s scholarship is offered to successful students who demonstrate excellence in diverse fields of interest, exemplified through actions, passion, drive and/or leadership. The “Scholarship for Excellence” programme was launched in the academic year 2017-18 and is a grant at the school for selected candidates.
A total of 5 scholarship places are available for Year 12 applicants for September 2022 entry. Each scholarship has a maximum value of 50% of the published school fees and will have a lifespan of two years.
Application submission deadline: 30 June 2022
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from existing and new students who meet or exceed the entry requirements for the sixth form courses of choice and who can demonstrate excellence in one of the fields listed below:
- Academic Excellence
- Creative Excellence (Arts)
- Physical Excellence (Sports)
- Excellence in matters pertaining to Community, Civic Duty, Global Citizenship or Cultural Sensitivity
How to apply?
- Applications should be submitted in writing by the student
- A minimum of 300 words in a letter format which should be no more than 1,000 words, outlining why they are worthy of the ward.
- The application should be supported by any available evidence that demonstrates excellence in the area of application and handed into the school for the attention of the Principal and Chair of Governors.
- This letter should also be accompanied by a completed Sixth Form Application form which can be found here
Applications can be submitted at the school or via the online application form.
How is it awarded?
A Scholarship Panel that includes the Principal, Senior Leadership Team members as well as members of the school Governing Body will convene to consider all applications.
The scholarship is announced to the deserving candidates after careful consideration of all aspects of the application.
*Terms and conditions:
- Scholarship applicants must gain a place at Hartland International through the normal assessment route
- Applications for scholarships must be submitted on or before the last date for submissions
- Applications received after the closing date may not be considered for Scholarship
- All decisions for scholarships will be made by the scholarship committee
- A written acceptance of a scholarship offer must be made within fourteen days
- Students whose fees are paid for by a source other than parents, such as company allowance, are only eligible to receive the monetary value of the proportion of fees that is directly borne by parents and not that which is paid from a company fund or allowance